Monday, March 10, 2014

Michigan and Winter

I'm not one to complain about winter, because honestly I love all of the seasons.  However living out in Michigan I'm getting really sick of winter.  I want warmer weather so that I can be outside soaking up the sunshine.  I'm tired of hibernating and hardly seeing the sun (the sun seems to be always hidden behind a gray sky)! I feel this way because I feel like there is nothing to do during the winter in Michigan.  Yeah sure I could go skiing on their bunny hill, if I wanted to drive a few hours north.  Maybe I could've bought myself a pair of ice-skates since the great lakes are 92% frozen.  Speaking of frozen lakes, maybe I could've gone ice fishing, but in all honesty though non of those sound fun!  They don't appeal to me and quite frankly I haven't wanted to be outside in the negative temperatures this winter.  What I'm trying to say without offending my new state is that it's a boring winter state.  Plus it doesn't help when we ask people who are from Michigan on what to do during winter and they can't tell us anything, (unless of course we want to drive a few hours north).  Needless to say Michigan you and I are starting to get on bad terms, so you better bring warm weather and sunshine my way so that we can get back on good terms.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Sorry you are freezing! It sounds awfully cold and slightly boring. You could always move back to Utah. Not much snow lately and even nice temps. Think about it!!!! :)

Elycia said...

And Utah has way more stuff to do in the winter!

But just think, maybe not next winter but the winter after that you can take your little munchkin out to build snowman, pull around a little sled, etc. Things are more fun when you're introducing them to a little person :)