Monday, September 15, 2014

Back to Memorial Day

Ok so back in my Memorial weekend post I mentioned that we ended our day at the hospital.  Well here's that story.  For a couple of days I had felt like baby wasn't moving as much as normal.  I knew that if I wasn't hydrated enough that baby ight not move as much, so I did my best at keeping myself hydrated the next couple days.  It seemed to be a bit better until Memorial day.  Again baby wasn't really moving so I decided to call my midwife's.  The one that called me back told me to count kicks, but since I kept asking questions and I must've sounded concerned she told me I could go have baby monitored instead if I wanted.  It was up to me.  I couldn't decide so she made the executive decision and told me to go to the hospital to be monitored.  She said that she would rather us go in be monitored and be told everything is fine, rather than worrying about.  She also said she wanted the piece of mind too because she would be worrying/wondering as well, so to the hospital we went.
When we got to the hospital the lady who had us fill out our paperwork before sending us up wished me luck.  It felt a little weird accepting it because I felt like she thought we were heading up to have our sweet baby, but really we were just worried parents.  Anyway we were at the hospital for a couple hours being monitored.  They pretty much knew right off that bat that baby was doing good, but they had to keep us for so long because apparently I was having contractions.  I say apparently because I couldn't feel them.  So during our stay we kept ourselves entertained by watching baby's heart beat, my heart beat, and the contractions.  After a couple of hours they felt good with sending us home because baby looked good and they weren't concerned about my contractions.  We were so happy to be going home because we didn't want our baby to be coming at 32 weeks.  Were glad we went and checked though, because we would rather be safe than sorry, and in this case sorry could've been scary or heart breaking.


1 comment:

Kathy said...

Chase looks pretty bored. :) Glad everything turned out ok!