Thursday, October 17, 2013

Be The Match

Not to long ago I fell upon this blog www.kissesforcami.com and decided that I wanted to do more.  More as in, if I have the chance I want to help save a life.  I've always said yes to being an organ donor on my drivers license but I've wanted to do more.  When I found kisses for Cami I realized that there is more that I could do.  I never even realized that I could be a bone marrow donor, and after reading up on it I realized that this is something that I wanted Chase and I to be a part of.  So with no convincing Chase agreed and I ordered us our kits.  We got them in the mail yesterday and it was so easy.  We swapped our cheeks together, sealed up our envelope's and I put them back in the mail today.  Now all we have to do is wait until we are contacted to help save somebodies life.  I have no idea if we will ever be called and if we are, when it will be.  All I know is that we are on this list until we hit the ripe age of 61.  I will admit that I felt a little nervous once I got the kit in the mail.  However seeing Chase be at such ease and realizing that I am doing something that could potentially help save a life then the nerves disappeared.  
Here's my challenge to you.  Go to http://bethematch.org and read up on it yourself and decide if you also would like to help save lives.  Or I could just put it this way, Chase and I are doing it, so what about you?  Ha, I'm kidding.  You have no pressure from me!  I'm solely sharing this because I am happy to know that I am going to be a part of this national list and I could one day provide hope :)

No comments: