Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Utah Part 2: Surprises

When I found out that I would be going to Utah for a week I decided to keep it a secret from all of the Birks'.  I wanted to surprise them instead.

Thursday morning I made sure to get up nice and early um can you say 5:30 am, ouch.  I had to make sure that I was there before Carissa left for school.  Chase and I had talked about how I was going to do it, however when I got to the house I still couldn't decide.  I finally decided that calling Kathy's cell would be the best because I couldn't tell if they really were awake or not and since I was "2 hours ahead" I figured she wouldn't catch on.  I called and she was surprised that I was up so early.  I then walked up to her door and rang the door bell.  It was 6:30 and she was baffled that somebody would be ringing her door bell that early.  Until she realized it was me.  Her jaw dropped and she couldn't believe that I was at her door.  I was going to head down stairs to surprise Carissa but she heard us talking and came up to figure out who was at their house.  Her jaw did the same thing :)  Poor girl had to leave for school not long after I got there.  Good thing I caught her.  Ric was still asleep and eventually was woken up and told to get dressed because there was a surprise waiting for him.  I hid behind a wall as Kathy showed him his surprise.  Haha she had nothing.  I then jumped out since I was the real surprise. He was surprised and gave me a hug.
Now onto the siblings.  We (Kathy & I) headed over to Cierra and Riley's first since she would be leaving for work soon.  I rang their door bell and when Riley answered he just stared at me, haha.  He then processed it and started asking why I was there.  Cierra heard us talking and came over and gave me a big hug.  The hug lasted longer than a normal one so I knew she was crying.  It's hard being gone!  Unfortunately she too had to leave soon after I got there.  We stayed and chatted with Riley for a little bit and I got in as many snuggles as I could from Lucy.
It was then off to Chip and Elycia's.  Elycia opened the door to find Kathy standing there, which was a bit surprising.  Who shows up at your door in the morning with no previous call to make sure your "ready" for the day?  Oh wait that's me!  I jumped out and Elycia was surprised and happy to see me.  She hollered down to Chip to come up stairs.  So I again hid behind a wall.  Well I picked the wrong wall because Chip headed straight for his bedroom to put a shirt on.  I was standing by his bedroom so he saw me said hi as he kept on going, haha.  We hung out there for a bit chatting, holding the babes, playing hid & seek with Taylor and getting in some time with them.



Afterwards Carissa got to skip her last two classes so us three went to Cafe Rio for lunch before I headed back to my parents house.

I also had another surprise visit which was to Gram Birks.  She went through a rough patch and ended up in the hospital with a broken pelvis.  I figured that since I was in town a surprise visit to her would be great as well.  So on Friday evening-ish Kathy and I headed up to Saint Marks Hospital.   We had a lovely visit and to top it all off ended up seeing all of my aunts, minus one on the Birks side :)  It was short but delightful visit!

I love the element of surprises so I loved getting to surprise everyone that I did :)





2 comments:

Robynn said...

Oh Morgan, it was nearly as fun reading about your surprise visit as it was living it with you. I LOVED and I know Gram LOVED your visit to the hospital. Thanks for including us on your quick trip. We LOVE you a LOT!. SLY Auntie Rob

Kathy said...

So fun to read about your visit again. I still am so impressed that you managed to surprise all of us. Best surprise ever!!!!! Loved your visit.