Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Utah part 4:Sleep Over

Ok so I wanted to have a sleep over with all of my Birks siblings Friday night, but unfortunately Chip and Elycia already had plans so they couldn't come.  We missed you 5!  Luckily Cierra, Riley, and Lucy could all come over.  We played a card game (that I can't remember the name of) until about 1 am.
 Good thing we had a lot of candy that we could munch on and a plethora of water to wash it all down.
Side note: Both Tiffany and I could tell that we now live in humid states.  Being in Utah made our skin so dry!  Tiff's was worse than mine but at one point we each ended up bleeding from cutting ourselves with our fingernails that were not that long or sharp.  Our lips were nice and dry too. :(
So now that you've read my side note you can see why a limitless amount of water was delicious.  I think I drank so much water that night that I was afraid I'd be up every half hour of the night to use the bathroom.  Alright back to the fun stuff.  So this card game that we played is not a good game for me, ha so needless to say if we were playing by golf rules and the lowest number wins, then I blew everyone out of the water.  Psh I wish!
So I'm starting to think that sleep is not allowed at sleep overs.  Do others agree?  Because boy did I have fun staying up late.  After we decided to end our card game we all headed down stairs to our awesome slumber party make shift bed of blankets and sleeping bags on the floor, except for the parental's (I guess sleeping on a comfy bed sounded better than a comfy floor).
So I guess the point of a sleep over is to go to sleep, right?  Bahaha yeah right!  Sleep what sleep?  Oh wait Carissa zonked the second her head hit the pillow and Riley eventually fell asleep which is a good thing since he had work the next day but Cierra and I stayed up even later chatting.  We were up until about 2:30/3:00 getting in our sister chat time.  I had a lot of fun chatting with her and I'm so grateful that she was willing to stay up late with me even though she knew she would have to take care of Lucy in the morning.

I'm starting to think that a slumber party sleepover needs to happen every time I'm in town and with both of my families!  Hum.... I hope you are all ready for the next time that Chase and I are in town :)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Loved it! So fun to see the pics from our fun night all over again. Definitely need to have another sleepover!!!!!