Monday, November 18, 2013

Utah Part 5: Everything Else

Ok so since I've dragged out a whole week into five posts I figured I'd better wrap it up :)  So here is everything else that went down during the week.

A couple of things that Tiffany wanted to make sure that she did while in Utah I completely agreed with.  One of those was going for a trail ride.
I love riding my horse but I'll admit that I was nervous because we had so many babies and Stella really hadn't been ridden much this year.  All I can say is wow mind over matter seriously works!  Or as Jamie and Tiff told me to find my inner hypnobaby.  Um yeah I haven't done any hypnobabying since I've never been pregnant but I've read enough about it so I sure as heck knew what they were talking about.  Boy did that do miracles :)  As soon as I told myself to breath and relax Stella calmed right now!  Well our ride didn't last long.  It was raining and we were all pretty much soaked, cold & wishing the sun was shining instead.  We did a small loop and headed back to the trailer.  Where I'm pretty sure that all four horses were unsaddled and loaded back in to the trailer in record time.  But what a fun adventure we had!  I wish our ride could've been longer and not in the rain, but I'll take what I can get.

Another thing that we did was go to the temple.  Tiff, Mom & I went to the Jordan River Temple on Tuesday morning.  This was both Tiffany and my first time seeing the new video.  I was so excited to see it & boy do I love it.  In my personal opinion it's so much better.  It even made all three of us cry.  While at the temple we ran into my aunt Kathy.  She works there and was able to sneak away to give us all a hug.
 After the temple we went to an Indian restaurant for food.  Jamie, Myles & Dad all met us there so we could have lunch together.  The food was so yummy!
That night we invited my Birks parents and siblings and the Johnson parents over to my parents house for dinner and a goodbye before we left the next morning.  Unfortunately all of the Birks siblings must have been tied up except for Cierra & Lucy.  It was lovely having the small group to chat and hang out with though.  I think Lucy also enjoyed playing with the Cadence and the babes while they were up.  Can I just say that I absolutely love with all of my heart that I can join both sides of my family and not worry about it being awkward.  I love, love, love that we can all have a relationship and that we can do things together.  Because let me tell you, this makes coming to town so easy knowing that I can just do lots of combined get togethers.

Alright so onto another fun thing.  Monday afternoon I went down to Cierra's while Tiffany, Jamie, Mom and the kids had a play date with Tiffany's friend from Oklahoma.  Cadence's really cute friend now lives in Utah so it was so fun for them to get to play again.  Especially since they both missed each other a lot!  Since I was headed down to Cierra's I let Kathy know and told her that she should let Carissa skip school again since I knew it was her super easy classes (seminary & TA).  We also let Elycia know that we were headed to lunch.  Obviously I didn't give anybody much timing except for Cierra.  It was nice having a visit with all the girls :)
After lunch everyone pretty much had to go their separate ways, so I went and visited a friend of mine before heading back.

What a fun week I had.  Thanks for making it happen Mom & Dad (and for letting me visit whoever I wanted)!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I have loved reading all about your trip and remembering how much fun we had. Loved spending time with you!!!! Can't wait to do it again soon!