Monday, November 4, 2013

Trip to Utah Part 1: Flying

This is long over due, but better late than never right :)

I'm breaking this up into parts because there are too many things to cover so I'm not going to do a super super long post.  Instead I'll do lots of "small" posts.  Ha knowing me they wont be small.

Alright so this fun impromptu trip to Utah all started with a phone call the week before.  My mom called me to see what I was doing the next week specifically on Wednesday (I instantly got suspicious).  Since I don't have a job I'm really free and can do whatever I want.  So since I didn't have anything planned she asked if I wanted to come to Utah for Lyla and Myles' birthday.  My only confusion was that Lyla is not in Utah.  Problem solved!  Thank you Brandon for the buddy passes, so that us girls could have some fun!  Now the only thing that would have made the trip better is if Chase & Rob could have come along.  I sure did miss my hubby and felt bad leaving him home alone for a week.  But boy am I one lucky girl that he said I should go and supported me.
This was at the Detroit airport. I had to take a picture because it was so cool!
Ok so now that you know how and why this all happened, it's onto the details.  Tiffany the girls and I all left on Wed. 9/25, which just so happened to be Lyla's birthday.  Tiff left from Tampa and flew to Atlanta and then to Memphis which is where I met up with them & then we all flew to Salt Lake.
This was my first time flying all by myself and only my second time flying on a buddy pass so I felt a little discombobulated.  Luckily I made all of my flights so life was good :)  My first flight from Detroit to Memphis I got to sit in the seats right behind 1st class, which in my opinion were better than 1st class.  I was able to stretch out my legs all the way and I still couldn't reach the seat in front of me :)
 Since it was a small plane they pink tagged my luggage.  Which was a pain waiting for because I wasn't allowed to leave the ramp until I had my bag in hand.  Normally this wouldn't have been a pain, but I saw Tiff and the girls walk by and I so badly wanted to just run up and give them a hug.  So as soon as I got my bag and all of our tickets I found them and gave them a hug :)  Lyla and Cadence were a little apprehensive at first but Cadence quickly got excited and was hanging on my legs and having me swing her.  Boy do I love that girl :)  Lyla warmed up to me quickly as well which made me one happy aunt and a happy sister!


Flying with them was fun and they did so good!  One time I took Cadence to the bathroom and if you have ever used a bathroom on a plane you know how small they are.  Anyway it was quite the challenge to go potty.  I'm surprised nobody could hear me coaxing her to go potty, us laughing because the flushing of the toilet made us both jump and then a little bit of crying because she didn't like how I was holding her up to wash her hands.  Haha on top of all of that apparently when I pulled her pants up I didn't get her panties too so the rest of the plane ride her undies were not on her bottom.  I'm surprised she didn't say anything because I'm sure that wasn't comfy, haha.
It was a long day of flying especially for Tiff and the girls and we were starving when we got to Utah, so thankfully mom had thought ahead and had dinner waiting for us when we got to the house.
Welcome to Utah!  The first snow.  I was trying to get a picture while we were driving down the freeway to send to Chase. 
I'm also going to cover flying home.
Goodbye Sunrise

So I think that Cadence and Lyla did an AWESOME job with flying both times that I was with them.  Especially considering on the way home they both weren't feeling 100% and they just had a fun filled week.
Yes I enjoy taking blurry pictures. Oh well, this was too cute not to include.
Getting on the plane :)
Again we all flew to Memphis and departed our separate ways from there.  Since we both had time before our next flights we made sure to run around to get rid of some energy.  It was so fun running around the airport listening to Cadence squeal along with Lyla which consequently lead to a whole lot of laughing from all of us.   Good thing the airport was pretty dang dead.  If we made anyone annoyed they should just be glad that this all went down in the airport instead of on the plane :)  It eventually came time for me to load my plane so we all headed over to my gate and waited until the lady at the gate finally decided that she would help me and give me my ticket.  Don't worry that's how it is being on standby.  The bright side about being the very last person to load the plane was that I had more time with the girls and Tiff.  Cadence was so cute waiting by my side!  I sure did love getting to spend all of this flying and airport time with them :)  Lucky me!


When I landed in Detroit I had a text from Tiff saying that Cadence was so sad to see me go that she cried for 10 minutes after I left :(  It breaks my heart, but makes me happy at the same time because I know that even though we don't see each other often, we can still feel the same kind of love!  I love you Kiki girl and I can't wait to see you for Christmas!

It was lovely coming home to the man that I love!  I sure did miss him and was so happy to see him at the airport :)

No comments: