Thursday, August 8, 2013

1 MONTH Down

Wow I can't believe that we have been out in Michigan for One month already!  It's crazy how fast the month went by.  


So here are some things that we enjoy about Michigan.
1. Not having allergies.  Ever since we've gotten here I haven't had to take a single allergy pill and I was really suffering back in Utah. 
2. We love driving around and ooing and ahhing at areas.  This mainly consists of when there are a lot of trees or lakes.
3. We've enjoyed making friends and getting to know people.
4. We LOVE the church!
5. We're enjoying the weather.  It's been lovely and we've only had one week where the temp. was miserable.  Other than that the humidity and temps. have been lovely.
6. The mountain biking trails.  Can you really call them that when they aren't in a mountain?
7. Fireflies are awesome.
8. Old downtown Birmingham.  It's so cute and lively and fun!  This is where we go when we want to see a movie.  Which when we go, we park in a parking garage and the first two hours are free.  So usually we don't pay anything or we end up paying 1 buck.  Now that's a steal :)
9. Having the Temple close by, even though they have very few sessions to go to and you have to call and schedule everything!
10. All of the car activities.  Could you really expect anything less from us? ;)


There are some things that I haven't enjoyed about Michigan as well.  
Like...........................
Grocery shopping.  I can't find anything that I want in the blasted store.  Plus let's not forget that their produce is expensive and some stores have a very small selection to choose from.
And how about that fact that in most of Michigan you can't make a left turn.  So they have designated U turn areas.  In my opinion, it's just a big pain in the rear end.
Also I swear they have all new traffic laws out here.  I feel like I need to go to drivers ed so that I can learn how to drive in Michigan. 
I haven't enjoyed doing laundry out here :( and that's saying a lot coming from me.
Michigan is very very pretty, but you just can't beat Utah's mountains!
Lastly, Michigan seems to have forgotten something important.  The people that we love.  I haven't found them in Michigan yet.  I've seen them through my computer and heard their voices over the phone, but for some odd reason I haven't spotted them in Michigan yet.  Darn it all!

Maybe in another month we'll have even more things that we enjoy about our new home, but for now we bid our first month farewell!  

2 comments:

Kathy said...

So glad you are finding so many things you enjoy in Michigan. Can't wait to come and visit you guys and have a tour. Mostly just can't wait to see you guys! :)

Morgan B. said...

Mom B- we can't wait for your visit as well :)