Friday, August 9, 2013

A Day At The Races

On Saturday, July 27th we spent a day at the race track.  I was hesitant to go at first but I'm so glad I went.  Chase and I really enjoyed our day!  The race track is called Waterford Hills Raceway and is 30 minutes north-ish from us.  It's located in the middle of all of these houses and you have to drive down a dirt road to get to it.  A big difference from Larry H. Miller Track, haha.  One thing we are also having to get used to out here is that a lot of places only take cash!  We had to go find a grocery store because we didn't have any cash on us to get in.
So one of the reason's Chase wanted to go on this particular day was because they were having a vintage race day.  It was fun to see all the different cars and to just be with my hubby.  I made sure to get video to send to our dad's since I'm sure they enjoy the rumble of an engine as well :)
For lunch we ate some bbq that was being cooked on the coolest smoker.  I immediately thought of my dad's yummy smoker and thought of how my mom would think the wagon's were cool.  I thought they were sweet myself.  I would be ok with having one of those in my backyard :)  The food was good too.  We got a combo plate so that we could try a little of all of the meat.  Yum, yum.
At the end of the day we got rained out and had to take shelter until there was a lull in the storm and we headed to the car.  Luckily it provided some awesome thunder though.




This Porsche won the race..... of course...




I tried adding the video so that you all could listen but it's not happening, so sorry. 


No comments: