Monday, August 12, 2013

Weekend Adventures

I love having Chase to myself on the weekends.  It's 2.25 days of bliss.

This weekend Chase gave me the duty of figuring out something fun to do for our Friday night.  Since we love movies so much I came up with a grand plan.  The last time I went to the beach with the ladies in the ward I noticed a sign that said they do movies on the beach.  It's like a movie at the park but on the beach, so it's even better! :)  So that was my grand plan.  The parks website didn't have a list of what was playing so instead of calling the number to find out which animation movie was playing, I decided it would be fun to have it a surprise.  We ordered pizza and picked it up on the way so that we could have a picnic.  I was so worried that we weren't going to get there before the movie started, but we made it with plenty of time to spare.  So we ate our yummy pizza, walked on the beach, took some pics of the stunning sunset, listened to the music and people watched.  We found out that our movie was Madagascar 3, which was fun since neither of us had seen it.  The movie started around 9 and got over at 11.  Good thing we didn't have little kids, because in my opinion that's late.  I really enjoyed our night and I'm glad we went.  Oh and I'm so happy the mosquitoes left us alone, because we couldn't find any bug spray :)






This was his I'm not going to encourage your "take pictures for the blog" habit, face.  HAHAHA

The next day aka Saturday we decided to go back up to the park, but this time we were going to swim. The water was cold but as soon as we got in it felt great.  We swam around for awhile and then we decided we wanted to go down the big blow up slide they had.  Little did we know that you have to actually pay to go down it haha.  Oh well, at least Chase got to talk in German a little bit.  While we were waiting in line a group of kids came running up behind us talking in a different language which just so happened to be German.  I always love listening to him talk in German.  When we were leaving for the day we ran into our friends from the ward, the Bruner family.  They were just getting there to play at the park :)  I'm tellin ya this place is full of fun things to do.


Uh the clouds made the afternoon a tad bit chillier than I wanted.
So now were at Sunday.  We were lucky enough to teach the Laurel's and Priest's (16-18 yr olds) sunday school class.  We had 9 kids and they were great!  I'd teach them again any day :)  They were a lot of fun to teach and it was fun getting to know them a little bit.  Unfortunately we were a little late getting to class because the guy who talked in sacrament went to BYU the same time Chase did and we wanted to say hi :)  Him and his wife are not in our ward which is why we had to catch them at the end of sacrament.  He works for Ford, so they live South of us but north of Ford, but I think we are going to try and do something with them anyway.  So that was our new adventures at church this week.  Thanks for being so kind to us during sunday school :)

To top off our weekend we got to skype with the Johnson clan :)  Where we learned that Cadence wants to be a maggot haha silly girl.  Watching things decompose is pretty cool.  Good things she's a youngin and will probably decide to be something different :)
We can't wait until we get to spend lots of time with them!



So there you have it, this weekends adventures 8/9 - 8/11!  I'm betting next weekend will be just as much fun :)

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I love your blog and pictures. Glad you are having fun here!

Shauna said...

Cute pictures. Ah the beach, what a great place to hang out! I think I need to plan a trip for summer.

Morgan B. said...

Thanks Danielle. We love having you out here to enjoy Michigan with.
Mom- summer is fun! However we haven't experienced any of the other seasons yet, so I don't know which one is best :) Anytime you visit will be fun!

Laurie said...

Looks like a great weekend! That sunset was INCREDIBLE!!!!