Monday, August 12, 2013

Mountain Biking

Last Saturday (8/3/13) Chase and I went mountain biking with two bachelors that Chase works with.  Chase loves mnt. biking and I really want to love it too so that it can be something that we do together.  So I am working on not worrying about slowing him and others down and getting more comfortable on the bike.  I remember mnt. biking when I was younger, but then I became afraid of it.  Now that I have a reason to go I'm really hoping I'll quickly fall in love with it.  I'd love it if we can have this as a family activity, so as our kids grow up they too enjoy riding.  Time will only tell :)


Ok so back to our adventure.  First thing first was figuring out how to fit two bikes into my car.  It would be a tad bit easier if the back seat would fold down but it doesn't.  Ugh.  It also would've been easier if we hadn't decided to leave the bike rack that my dad was letting us borrow in Utah.  However, we left it because it didn't fit my car great and every time my door's were shut I was afraid the window's were going to break.  It was nice having it while we did though.  We then drove down to Novi to meet up with the boys.  After a short detour because we missed our exit we finally made it.  Wohoo.  When we took off Chase stuck behind me while the other two floored it.  I was feeling good until Ivo (which is pronounced Eevo) told us that we needed to turn around because we missed the real trail.  This is when he also informed us that the trail is 10 miles.  Ah man was I afraid.  My heart was already beating good and my lungs were getting a workout too, so how was I ever going to make it 10 miles.  Good thing I didn't pay too much attention to my worries because I'm glad we turned around.  The trail we rode was so much fun and gorgeous!  We were under a canopy of trees for most of it and the temperature was perfect.  I kept telling Chase that he didn't have to ride behind me as long as they would stop and wait for me.  Around this time was also when one of the boys, Sam, decided that he was tired and wanted to be the caboose.  I think he just wanted an excuse to have to go slow because he was stuck behind me.  I sure there is one time that he wishes he wasn't behind me.  I couldn't make it up a hill so I had pulled off to the side to let him by.  As he was trying to pass me he was telling me that I could make it and then he tipped over, haha.  I like to say that I made him crash.  All 3 of the boys were so patient with me and didn't seem annoyed that I was slow :)  Chase was cute and was giving me pointers, which unfortunately I've already forgotten, and would make sure I would make it around the "tricky" spots :)  What a good hubby.  We ended up not riding the whole 10 miles, which I think Ivo was a little disappointed about.  At the end he told us that we missed the best part of the trail.  Maybe next time Ivo.

They even let me take a picture :)  Next to Chase is Ivo and Sam is in the Green.
So our first mountain biking adventure in Michigan was a success!  Chase and I both really enjoyed it and I'm glad I got to join in on the fun :)  Lets go again!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Yea! Glad you are enjoying MI. So how did you get the bikes in the car and to the trail?

Morgan B. said...

We eneded up having to take all 4 wheels off an then put both frames in the back seat and the wheels in the trunk. Can you say tetris? :) Don't worry though we ordered a bike rack that will fit both of our cars :)